Our technology development focusses on core system functionalities such as control (dynamic positioning), path planning, (GNSS-denied) navigation, perception and onboard data processing solutions. Making use of optical sensor (LiDAR) and high performance on-board processing modules (NV idea).
UNMANNED VESSEL PLATFORMS
USV hull: New unmanned naval design approach & own seakeeping/CFD simulations for validation.
Innovative platform: Electric rim driven (axle less) thruster, fully automated system & automated winch.
Safety-by-design: Redundant mission critical component, 3-layer emergency system & limp home mode.
Industrial design: Designed for contagious industrial operations, easy maintenance & infield part replacement.
Transportability: Enabling air-, road- & ship- transport in ready-to-use configuration in standard logistic processes.
Quality & standards: MD, LVD (SELV-TOUCH SAFE), EMC, IP, RoHS3, WEEE, ISO12100:2010, ISO9001, EU60204/60529.
Patented DP system: Novel GNSS positioning system for station keeping without steering parts & low maintenance.
UNMANNED MISSION SOFTWARE
- Intuitive mission planner software designed around actual surveyor operational experience.
- Adjustable Collision Avoidance functionalities, obstacle detection & evasive path visualisation in UI.
- Ability to switch between different navigational charts (ENC, Google maps, weather & sea state maps, etc.).
- Advanced DUS-diagnostics tool for remote system diagnostics & manufacturer support.
- Embedded 360 video & data streams.
- Single interface for operators with different and multiple (fleet) Demcon Unmanned Systems USVs.
AUTONOMOUS NAVIGATION SYSTEM
Multiple perception sensors & known environment knowledge (3D LiDAR, Radar, AIS, 360 EO & 360 IR, weather, ENC).
Situational Awareness System for real time onboard perception data acquisition, filtering & fusion.
Multi safety level Collision Avoidance System for inshore and offshore:
Safety Level 0 : Pre mission safety with automated mission geofencing & survey grid clipping.
Safety Level 1 : Sensor based object detection warning system with audio-visual signals & alarms.
Safety Level 2 : Evasive path planning algorithms autonomously executing alternative paths.
Safety Level 3 : Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) system (slow down & breaking).